Thursday, October 20, 2011

Let Them Slip

Therefore, we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip (Hebrews 2:1).

If anyone should know the outcome of turning away from God to sinful practices and fellowshipping with idols and evil, it is the Hebrews.

The Jews lost the temple in Jerusalem totally because God took it away from them after they profaned it. Not once did they do this, but several times. Read of this stupidity in Acts 7:43. There are several other passages spoken by the Prophets that warn of judgments and being evicted from the holy land. But they were obstinate people. They turned from the covenant. They broke God's sabbaths. They turned each man to his own ways. The forsook the Lord their God. And he turned them over to be destroyed by their own lusts and greed.

What happened to these holy people that they would become profane and ungodly?

They let the things of God, spoken to them by Moses and the Prophets to slip from their heart and mind.

Slip

As: Oh, I forgot, that totally slipped my mind.

Slip

As: My grip was weak and it slipped out of my hand.

Slip

As in running water poured into the hand and soon it is gone.

Slip

As: I have tried to get back my wife, my husband, my children. I was a fool and let the devil slip in and now I have lost everything. When the devil slipped in, I turned away from God and now my whole family is lost and damned.

"For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward; how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him" (Hebrews 2:2-3).

I am positively sure, without any doubt, that EVERY transgression and disobedience will be rewarded with the judgments of God.

How have so many preachers allowed judgment to begin at the house of God? They know if they change the Truth into a lie they invite judgment immediately to begin. Why do they do it? Why do they turn against the Truth and became apostate and reprobate? What causes them to lose their grip and let everything slip? Why do they allow their minds to be wiped like a dish, and they no longer love the Apostolic holiness Truth?  Why is it that liberalism and worldliness have replaced the true ways of God in the house of God?

It is because someone let those things spoken by the Lord, and those who heard him: slip from their hearts and mind.

Over my 39 years as a Pastor I have seen so many turn from God and let the Truth slip from their minds, their hearts, and their lives. Many families who are now totally destroyed. Husbands, wives, children, and now grandchildren and great grandchildren all damned. All in wickedness and evil. Just like that the Hebrews did. And just as the Hebrews did not escape, they shall not escape.

The only escape on record is for those who do not let the things of God slip.

We cannot forget.

We dare not depart from the living God and go after the practices and customs of idol religions.

This is not a hard life. This is the easy way. This is the way of blessing and honor. This is the sanctified way. When we come to the house of God, we bring true worship. We are not of those who honor God with their lips but their heart is far from him. We have surrendered to the will of God for our lives. We love the path he has chosen for us. We will not turn to the right or the left. We are the children who are obedient and who have ceased our transgressions. We have entered into the grace of God. And we have a revelation of what GREAT SALVATION means.

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?

There is no escape!

What causes people to "NEGLECT" taking care of their salvation?

I have seen so many come to the altar, weep and cry, humble themselves in great contrition, and make all kinds of vows to God. I have seen some of them come for weeks, months, and even years. And at last they prayed through. The glorious day they prayed through. The moment they were filled with the Holy Ghost. And the instant joy unspeakable flooded their soul. What zeal. What fervent desire. What dedication. What clearing of the soul. What carefulness we began to walk before the Lord Jesus. All brought unto us by the sorrowing we had for our sins and we wanted to be saved.

Now to neglect all this faith, all this zeal, all of these great works within and without, and turn back to the beggarly elements of the world, and not care any more if all this slips: is INSANE!

Great Salvation

I did not understand this completely until the day I understood THE GREAT DEATH (2Cor 1:10).

When I realized how being eternally lost and burning in the lake of fire was so horrifying, unimaginable pain and suffering, such crying and screaming, such regret, such sorrow, such remembering when we had salvation but gave it up for the things of the world and our own way: I knew then that to be saved from this awful pit of eternal judgment was a GREAT SALVATION.

I do not expect everyone to agree with me. I know my enemies will totally disagree. They have found a loop-hole in God's grace that will allow them to sin and still be saved. They believe God will exempt them from judgment. They believe their new interpretations, their new perverted revelations, their opinions, will infatuate God to think of them as creative and not so evil. They are banking on God having mercy in the hour of their judgment and they will not be eternally damned.

Let me warn everyone: if you let those things slip concerning the GREAT SALVATION, and you turn back to the world and the evils thereof, YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE.

As Paul warned the Hebrews, the Jews, do not fall into the trap of thinking sin will not be judged.

If you turn way from this Apostolic holiness way to trinitarianism, to liberalism, to the world: you will NOT ESCAPE.

For me, it is obvious, as a Pastor who cares for the sheep, I will do my best to keep all judgment from beginning at the house of God. I will preach the Truth and the Truth will make people free. I will lead them as a shepherd should. I will not lead them into sin and temptations. I will lead them to paths of righteousness. I will follow the GREAT SHEPHERD, and I know this will take us all to the glory land.

I refuse to let the precious things of God slip.

If your pastor and church are and have let the things of God slip: pack up and move to Tampa. Save your soul.

Bishop Reckart
A Man With An Apostolic Grip

No comments:

Post a Comment