Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Judging God

Over the years of my ministry I have been asked a lot of questions about God. What this amounts to is judging God. I am always happy to judge God.

Pastor, do you think God is fair? What is my judgment?
Pastor, do you think it was right for God to take my mother? What is my judgment?
Pastor, is God responsible for sin in the world? What is my judgment?
Pastor, if God promised me something, does it make him a liar if I do not get it? What is my judgment?
Pastor, God is guilty of not giving me help when I asked him. What is my judgment?
Pastor, God is greedy and stingy if he will not bless me unless I give tithes. What is my judgment?
Pastor, if God allows me to suffer, then he is not a loving God. What is my judgment?
Pastor, I believe it was wrong of God to put sickness and death in the world. What is my judgement?
Pastor, I am not guilty for the death of Jesus on the Cross, God is guilty because he is the one who predestinated it. What is my judgment?
Pastor, I believe God is self centered if he wants me to worship him and praise him. What is my judgment?
Pastor, God was wrong to make hell and the lake of fire. What is my judgment?
Pastor, I do not believe in God because there is so much pain and suffering in the world. What is my judgment?

I have been presented with many such things asking me to judge God.

And, I have always been ready, willing, and happy to judge God.

Now I know some will think this is way out there. How can anyone judge God? God is above man's judgment. Well, I realize if we count God righteous and above sin, it is easy for us to believe God cannot be judged. But in the case of infidels, unbelievers, railers, blasphemers, the rebellious, and those who are just plain out stupid, they have judged God. They have made lots of judgments about and against God. They do not honor God. They do not respect God. There are many reasons why sinners, backsliders, and the ungodly judge God. And I am always there on the other side to judge God.

When I was asked to judge God about his allowing sickness and death: I rendered my judgment:

I find no fault in him.

I knew all this was fringe because of the way we think. But then, I remembered a woman who judged God. I thought if a woman can judge God, so can I.  But I was careful not to charge God foolishly. Or judge foolishly.

There she was, 90 years old. And God told her husband she would have a child. She laughed. But, in a few days she was popping out there. She was with child. When Isaac was born, she was happy.  Through faith she conceived. Now all of us know faith without works is dead.  Her faith and the works produced a child. Then the word of God says this: "through faith Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, BECAUSE SHE JUDGED HIM FAITHFUL WHO HAD PROMISED (Heb 11:11).

Now I know this woman was not a preacher. She was not even a prophetess.  She was just a plain old woman who stuck it out with her husband. Why she even called her husband "lord." This same woman, when she heard God say she would have a child, laughed. But in her laugh, in her chagrin thinking about conceiving seed, she judged God. She was not a stupid woman. She was in fact very smart and wise. Her judgment which cannot be overturned by any man, was that God was faithful. She judged God faithful. She judged he would keep his promise. And this judgment was the strength of her faith.

You see, when men and women do not accept the promises of God they judge God. When they question and make accusations against God, they judge God. And I think this judging God is one reason they will go to hell. It is not just their sins that will send them there. It is the fact they judged God to be less than the God he is. They challenge God's honor. They attack his respect. They are very quick to condemn God. And it is this condemning God that allows them to reject God. And this will send them to hell.

When I read the words of Jesus: "If ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." I could see Jesus was dealing with their judging him. They were not just judging a man here. They were judging God. And when men judge God to be less than faithful, and they find fault with God, then they send themselves to hell.

I am happy the day I judged God. I knew he was righteous and I was a sinner. I judged that. I knew he was right and I was wrong. I judged that. I knew he would forgive me now or judge me later if I rejected him. So I judge God concerning my salvation. As I made judgment after judgment, I found myself at the altar with hands uplifted with tears running down my cheeks: saying "I FIND NO FAULT."

Like Sara, I judged God faithful who had promised. And the day I was in the right spiritual condition, I received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. The promise had come. Just as Isaac was the promised fulfilled to Sara, the Holy Ghost was the promise fulfilled to me.

Today, I am happy to judge God. No matter what the question or the complaint. I have a judgment to make.
And I am not afraid to make it.

Bishop Reckart
A Man Jesusel loves
___________________________________
BTW: I have also judged all other gods.
They are impostors, fakes, without eternal power, and poor quality idols.
Like God has told me: fear none of them.
So, I am happy to judge them all.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post...I judge him too and i find no fault in him

    ReplyDelete