Thursday, May 22, 2014

Water In The Desert


I was kneeling down in a desert place. Around me there was nothing but tan colored sand. It seems I could see for miles and no water. A light shined around me like a flashlight from heaven. I heard a voice that said: "Can you baptize in water where there is no water?"

I reached into the sand with both hands, one on the right and one on the left. I picked up a handful in each. Sand trickled down through my fingers, falling to the ground. What was I to answer?

I lifted up my eyes toward heaven and said:

"Lord God, you can make water to come to this desert. You can make it rain until there is water. Lord God you can do a miracle, you are God, and it is all in your power. To make water come to this desert place, you are the one to make it happen. Then I can baptize in this desert place."

I woke up it was just a little after 4am here in Tampa, Florida USA.

It came to my mind that God can make rivers in the desert. He is God. And if one soul needs baptism for their salvation faith: somehow God would provide water before the soul even needs it.

It also came into my mind, that perception of a new vision when an old one goes away is the key to a future success in the work of God. Working without a vision and a purpose profits nothing. Nothing can be built until at first a builder sees a mental picture of what he wants to build. Then he gathers the materials and starts the project. Over time he will build what he has envisioned. And when it is finished he can say "I did that. It is good." This is not pride. It is not boasting. It is a statement of accomplishment using skills, tools, and materials: all blended to create something that did not prior exist. "I built that. It is good"  But those who have no skills, do not know how to use tools, and do not know much about building materials: will say, "oh he is boasting, he is full of pride, he is lifting himself up." But is this not just a judging and criticizing spirit to hide the fact the complainer has never achieved such an accomplishment?

Rivers in the desert.

If God sent me to a place that was a spiritual desert, would I have the faith to believe in miracles for salvation? Or would I fall into gloom and say it is impossible to do this task? Would I allow the nay-saying of blasphemers distract me from building? Or if I had some bad building materials, would I just quit or lay them aside and get better materials? Would I trust in Jesus to perform his miracle work of water in the desert where no man before had faith?

I know there are many who are in a desert place. They cry unto the Lord Jesus to send a man to help them. They want to be saved and do not know how. There is no one to encourage them and show them the way. They sit in darkness with no hope. Inwardly they are as an empty bird's nest. They have an inward hunger for God but no one to feed them. Where are those who will go into the desert and believe God for the miracles necessary for souls to be born of the water and of the Spirit?

If I am to be in this desert place, please Jesus, just take me there. Let me have the faith for rain as I reached out with handfuls of dry sand. Nothing is impossible with Jesus God, nothing.

The dream is over, now I must remember it. I must have faith for a new perception when an old vision has come to an end. I must look for the next building project. I must use my skills, pick up the tools, gather the materials: and build.

Bishop Reckart
A Man Chosen To Have Vision


No comments:

Post a Comment