Sunday, May 8, 2011

Repentance

Seeing the future and coming back to the present to change your life.

Sinner: Pastor I know I need to get right with God. I have been very evil and I have done many wicked things. I want to repent, get baptized, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. I want God to fix me.

Pastor Reckart: So, are you telling me you are ready to live a fixed up life or are you going to go back to your evil and wicked life?  If you are ready to live the fixed-up life I am here to help you reach that life.

Sinner: You mean if God fixes me up that I must live a fixed up life?

Pastor: Yes, that is what I am saying.

Sinner: Well, don't I at lease get a chance to ask questions and see if I want to live like you people live?

Pastor: Why of course, but ask them and choose before you tell God you want a fixed up life.

Sinner: I think I will wait. I don't know if I am ready to live a fixed up life.

Pastor: So, you want God to fix all your problems, forgive you of your sins, and you do not want to live a fixed up life?

Sinner: Yes, I want God to forgive me. But I want him to understand I am not ready to live the fixed up life yet.

This man does not want fixed up, he wants to stay MESSED UP!


Bishop Reckart

No comments:

Post a Comment