Saturday, March 5, 2011

Moments Worth Life

I took our little puppies outside this morning. In my hand was a large bag of roasted p-nuts. As soon as I stepped outside I noticed a squirrel scampering at the base of my large oak tree. It stood up on its hind legs and front paws almost in a praying fashion. I tossed some p-nuts to it. It grabbed one and scampered up the tree to a branch and began to strip away the hull and eat. I could hear it calling the other squirrels. And soon there were about 10 of them all hungry and searching the ground for breakfast. Soon there were p-nut hulls raining down from the branches as they feasted.

My attention was then drawn way up in the top of the tree where lots of red-breasted Robins were filtering about from limb to limb. This happens every year about this time. They are on their way north to be there for the April showers and nice fat night-crawlers. Many hundreds of them fly through my block and stop to eat the little green worms that invade our Florida oak trees. These little worms will hang down from the new leaves with tiny little silk threads. It is all a miracle the way I see it. The oak tree leaves begin to fall. Then the cherry laural's bloom. Then the oak tree blooms depositing a thin green dust on everything. Then the leaves come out quickly and suddenly the worms are there. Within days here come the Robins on the annual migration north. The worms are there just in time for these birds to feed and move on north about 30-100 miles a day depending on weather. I supplement this with bits of old bread I keep for the birds. So all of you up north of Florida the Robins are on the way.

I saw two morning doves perched on a limb cooing waiting for my puppies to get out of the yard and back on my porch. I put bird seed out for them yesterday and they came for breakfast. The sparrows and a few blue-jays flitter about. I have a bird feeder for the sparrows and small finches. I sprinkle bird seed on the ground for the doves. They like to eat off the ground.

I have not seen a mockingbird lately. They are usually active to keep the crows moving north. It is so cute to see a big black crow flying going north and out of no where comes two or three mockingbirds who can fly faster than a crow. They swoop in and peck the crow on the head as it is flying to let him know to keep on trucking and not to stop there. Usually the crow will let out a squawk of some kind from the hurt of the pecking and keep on going north. This insures the mockingbird family that no crow will be invading their nest and eating their young baby birds.  Crows are known to eat little birds out of a mother's nest.  Pastors, beware of the crows. Keeping head pecking them and move them along. Crows of a feather stick together. Doves and crows have no fellowship.

I have not cut the grass yet and spring sweet-peas are up every where with their beautiful lavender blooms.

I am cooking collard greens this morning for the homeless feed today at noon. Pastor Reckart cooks some mean collard greens complete with ham-hocks and potatoes. We will have turkey today with dressing, mash potatoes and gravy. This was prepared and donated by one of our Jesus House volunteers who is not a member of the Church. This lady loves what we are doing and wants to help. We will have buttered bread and lots of cake and sweets. Of course there will be all the condiments and drinks.

Yesterday we poured the cement for our new baptistery. Soon we will be able to baptize many souls through the waters of separation. They will come into the Church by baptism.

A lot is happening in the world with the Apostolic Messianic Gospel message. Talked Thursday long distance to Jerusalem. A minister called me from there. He is Jewish and converted to Oneness Apostolic. He searched and found me on the Internet. He was so shocked to see someone who believed like he did. I have been invited to Jerusalem and Israel to now meet with him. Our goal is a church in Israel and Jerusalem with this Gospel. Is this Jesus or what? So, I am making plans for a trip in August. Please help send me there for this mission. You can send your donation via Pay Pal to email address acts0412@jmfi.org. Be a part of establishing apostolic Messianic Judaism in Jerusalem. If you give to this mission I will place your name on a brass plate and take it there. And what ever we find for our services this will be embedded in the altar for a memorial. Please send me.

Bishop Reckart
A Man God Made

No comments:

Post a Comment