Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Jewish Jesus And Mercy

The Jewish Jesus was a man of sorrows, but he was also a man of mercy.

Mercy is an attitude of grace. It has with it kindness that is unexplained. There is usually nothing a person can do to earn mercy, it must come from within the heart of the person who gives it. There are those who have the gift of being kind and showing mercy. It is not within them to see anyone treated harshly or with little sympathy. Such was the Jewish Jesus.

Acts of mercy brings to the giver a sense of joy. Especially if it concerns forgiveness. And this is just where the Jewish Jesus was so great. He could have had a mean spirit, a cruel spirit, and kicked people when they were down, but instead he looked upon them with compassion. There is the key to mercy.

I have seen so many people who have no mercy. They do not forgive others easily. And they have little or no compassion. This makes for a person who is tormented with all manner of psychological problems. One of them is anger. It is often the case that when a person should show mercy they instead show anger. They are not soft-hearted. They can be cruel and mean in split seconds. All of this shows me that the Jewish Jesus has not taught this person the beauty of love.

When I read the Gospels and observe the mercy of Jesus, I see a tenderness that amazes me. He was not brisk, or even hard, on many who came to him with spiritual problems. He was gentle. The Jewish Jesus was a gentle man. And this is the source of his mercy.

When I see people who have no mercy, I see a person who is not gentle.

When I see prople who have no compassion, I see a person who has anger issues.

When I see people who refuse to show kindness, I see a person who has bitterness.

When I see people who have no sympathy, I see a person who is abusive.

The Jewish Jesus would like all of us to be missionaries of mercy. And because this is part of his nature, he can love others through us if only we would put an end to the way we treat others wrong.

The Jewish Jesus is merciful, kind, compassionate, and gives sympathy to those who are in need.

Mercy is what you can show others if you want to do the most good.

The Jewish Jesus, is still doing the most good.

No comments:

Post a Comment