Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Never Lost

As I look back over my years as a saved Believer, I can recall many who were once in the Church but who are now backslid and out. There are many, many, who went from being lost to saved, then back lost again. I never could understand how someone could do this? There are many excuses given by the backsliders. Most attack the Pastor as the reason they backslid. Some attack other church members. Still others claim they were either neglected, ignored, or not used and became disgruntled and quit. Then backslid to try and punish the pastor, by demonstrating in his face they would do everything he preached against.

I look back to the pivotal year of 1968. Some of you were not even born yet. But it was my year to be found. Yes, I was lost and in 1968 I was found. That was the year Jesus became my Shepherd by my choice. When the Spirit called, I answered "here am I." When conviction fell upon me, I cried and cried. I wept what seemed like rivers of tears. I fully repented. I mean I gave it all up, everything. I did not know about the doctrine of personal conviction that Pentecostals had, that you could keep some sins if you did not feel convicted about them. I learned about this doctrine later on. But for me, I was 100% in. I sought the Lord and he heard me, and delivered me from all of my fears.

From 1968 until now, I can honestly say, Jesus as my Shepherd, remains my Shepherd. I am not looking for another.

And since 1968 I can also confess, I HAVE NEVER BEEN LOST.

Yep, you read that right. Now do not pervert my words because you have reading and comprehension issues. I did not say I was once saved always saved. So do not read into my words what I did not say. There are so many perverters putting their spin on things these days to appear intelligent of wise. But they become fools in their perversions.

Yes, you read it right. Since 1968 I HAVE NEVER BEEN LOST.

You see, I have been saved since that year and I have never gone back like a dog to its vomit. I stayed dedicated and consecrated to Jesus. I mean do many of you really believe I can write with such power, conviction, rationality, and Truth: and Jesus is not with me? Come on. Jesus is with me. He did not lose me over those many years. I did not stray. I did not backslide. I remained faithful. I had hard times. I have times of no money or little money. I have been unemployed. I have been without a car or transportation. I have had old junkers that cost almost as much to fix as it cost to put gas into them. I have had ugly cars and beautiful cars. I have had friends forsake me and tell lies on me. I have suffered all manner of hate from people who claim they really love me. Yeah, see it all. If you love your wife you will not tear her down behind her back to others. Same applies here to your relationship with others. I do not like the drama of liars and perverters. It is not my game. You see, I am so busy staying saved, and seeking Truth, I do not have time for the drama. And when I see it get on stage to be noticed, I get up and leave. I did this on several women preachers and why would I hang around for some stage actor wanting attention?

The Church needs a powerful witness of the Holy Ghost. We need dedicated members who are not only faithful in their tithing and offerings: they are faithful in their salvation covenant. And this means, yes, that you also make the claim you have never been lost since your day of salvation.

Today, I am high in the Spirit in my walk with Jesus. He is watching over me for good. He is faithful to give us strength in our times of need. And he will carry us through no matter what: if we are determined NEVER TO BE LOST.

I am never lost, as long as I keep my salvation.

Jesus bless you all,

Pastor Reckart

No comments:

Post a Comment