Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Syriac Language Proves The J Sound Did Exist

We have heard the lies and the hate against the name of Jesus for many years. I first encountered this hate back in 1993 when I was challenged by two Yahweh prophets to defend the name of Jesus. I had never in my life heard the name of Jesus call the pig god name. These two prophets were the first I ever heard to outright and in public blaspheme the name of Jesus.

In the four debates I had with these people, They repeatedly said Jesus was a fake name that was derived from Zeus.  They said the sus ending the name Jesus meant pig in Latin, therefore, in Latin Jesus was a pig god. I never heard such hate against the name of Jesus.

I stood alone in Conyers, Georgia before nearly 300 people. Many preachers present. None of them stood with me that day. They are like those of Meroz (Judges 5:23). I wanted help so bad, but no one came to help me. I stood alone and defended the name of Jesus.

My opponents had a long table full of books written by rabbis, monks, priests, and scholars. They had several bible versions. They had notes of several men. In their speeches against the name of Jesus they repeatedly said there was no letter J in ancient Hebrew, in Aramaic, in Greek, in Latin, and so forth. They said this proves Jesus could have never existed. They challenged me why Jesus would have a Greek name and not a Hebrew name. They paraded up book after book testifying there was no J letter value in the ancient languages to say the name Jesus. They presented book after book. Even pulled out Dr. James Strange (Strong's) book on the Hebrew and Greek. I shut that down pretty quick by asking of Dr. Strange wa correct that YHWH was Jehovah? They both replied Dr. Strange was false on this, and YHWH was really Yahweh not Jehovah. With this one error of Dr. Strange, I had them put away his book and not parade it out any more because he had lied on YHWH being Jehovah.

The debate was friendly. My opponents were not going to be converted back to the name of Jesus. They had blasphemed this worthy name so viciously they would not repent. But, I proved over and over the name of Jesus was valid. One professor from a Church of Christ Bible College/University came up to me after my first two half hour sessions, and told me he learned more about the name of Jesus in my one hour of speeches than he had heard or known in his over 30 years as a Bible teacher. He told me I was right. Yet there in my midst were over 30 preachers and ministers and none of them came to me and told me I had done a good job defending the name of Jesus. Not ONE!

Those Yahweh prophets spent considerable time on the letters YHWH and as you know they said those letters as Yud-Hay-Vaw-Hay. They challenged me to produce one proof that Y was or could be pronounced with the J sound. I proved using the Syrian alphabet that the Jud did exist and it was corrupted into the Yud. In the above chart, you can see it yourself. The ancient Syriac language had the Jud which was the original pronunciation of the letter I before it was corrupted to be come a Y sound somewhere back there. I personally believe the Y sound given to the letter I and Jud and changed to Yud came about in the diaspora after 70AD and among the Germanic people and the Yiddish mixture.

In any case, I want to lay before you, the reader, the proof that the J letter sound did exist in ancient times. It was used in the letter I and in saying Israel we can say the I as a J sound as Jsrael jez-ra-el. And if the people who are called by name will repent? Wonder now what God was getting at? Anyone have an idea?

Bishop Reckart
A Jesus Name Only Man

No comments:

Post a Comment