Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Part Of History

Back in 1994 as I stood in a debate confronting the Yahweh sacred namers, I looked out at over 300 people in attendance. I was humbled by being there at such a time to defend the name of Jesus. I looked at the crowd who had gathered. The majority of them were members of the Yahweh cult movement. Sprinkled among them were some pastors and ministers who had come for the show. A couple of them came hoping I would make a fool of myself. It is interesting just how evil some people's hate is. They came not to support me but to stand off to the side to catch my every mistake so they could later criticize. I am so sorry I cheated them out of this planned victory. They came to watch and listen to a fool, but when it was all over, they as many others were shocked I had carefully and with skill presented the best defense of the name of Jesus in modern times.

Pastor Don Abernathy came up to me after the debate was over and said he had never in his life heard the name of Jesus defended with that level of knowledge.  Many more from among the Yahweh's came and shook my hand and congratulated me on my presentation. A few other ministers present also came and gave me some compliments.

As I packed my attache case, my overhead projector, and my litigation bag with exhibits and transparencies, I had a sense that something very important had just taken place. This would be repeated several more times through the years as I defended the name of Jesus. I came to the shocking realization that I was a part of history.

God has a way of putting me in the right place at the right time in so many doctrinal areas I am amazed. I always pray before I begin my research and assessments. My ambition is the truth no matter how many traditions I have to challenge. It matters not to me what other so-called scholars say or have said. Or even what they have rendered in their opinions. My search always has been for the truth.

As a writer I prepare myself to make sure I am understood. I make it plain. Yes, I open myself to all sorts of men looking to create a name for themselves trying to take me down. There is a handful of internet rabble out there spouting off. Some baby baptizers, some adulterers, some witches, some trinitarians, a few women preachers, homosexuals, some organizational yap-dogs, and a few wannabe preachers who think by attacking me they will have all these others as instant friends.

On the other hand, the internet is well salted with my efforts on many doctrinal issues. I continue to be a part of Church history of these last days. As such I will continue to publish cutting edge information. And Jesus is helping me more and more.

I am re-editing some of my unpublished studies and making them ready for the internet. However, not everyone will have access. And I will not throw these out like corn to crows.

The Apostolic Theological Bible College continues to reach several nations. Truth is being planted. The courses of this Bible College are absolutely great. All of those who are students or were students can testify to this. They are life changing. And they transfer to another generation the great Apostolic doctrines of the Apostles. This also is history making.

As I relax from my trip to Harrisburg and the funeral of our beloved Pastor James Simmons, I feel again the desire in my soul for the Truth. It is indeed like a fire.

Bishop G. Reckart
Making history one day at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment