Saturday, January 8, 2011

Holiness

Holiness is God's art.

It appears in himself, the Master Artist.

It appears in angels.

And it appears in select individuals upon the earth.

Holiness is a work of God's art on infants, children, youth, adults, and seniors: all in a special and beautiful way.

God beautifies the meek with salvation. And this salvation is the essence of holiness. Holiness gives us all that special look, special appearance, in a special way.

I have seen this art of God in many souls.

Recently when I was in Jamaica I saw God's art gallery among some very special holiness people. As I observed some of them sitting in my living room one night after service, I sat in silence as they talked about Scripture. I look about the room from the young men to the young women and there I saw the work of the hand of the Artist. I saw not only the beauty of his expert work, I could not but help to notice God knows how to use colors.

So I reached for my Bible, took out a Church business card, and scribbled on the back:

HOLINESS IS THE WORK OF A DIVINE ARTIST

I know this is true because I said so....

Bishop Reckart
Saying things that are TRUE, because I love saying things that are TRUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment